Spyrock, a fellow member of the Thought Leader Network, sent me this wonderful, reflection on the "Symptoms" of Inner Peace," written by Saskia Davis.
Symptoms of Inner Peace
• an unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
• loss of interest in judging others or yourself
• loss of interest in conflict
• loss of ability to worry (very serious symptom)
• frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
• contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature
• frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes from the heart
• tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen
• tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fear based on past experience
• susceptibility to love extended by others and the uncontrollable urge to extend love
If you have all or most of the the above symptoms, be advised that your condition of peace may be incurable. If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting these symptoms, remain exposed at your own risk. These conditions of peace are highly infectious.
© 1984 Saskia Davis
Spyrock and a contingent of our network in the Bay Area went to a First Peace Gathering at the Village of the Shining Stones in Abaquiu, New Mexico recently. They were part of sixty five people from all over the world gathered to share in ceremony and study the teachings of native elders WindEagle and RainbowHawk and their students Pele Rouge and Firehawk. It was an ecumenical gathering, celebrating the way peace is being held by Jewish, Christian, Native American, and other traditions. I was to attend, but my wife's recovery from surgery prevented it -- so I have been loving the continuing communications that have been spreading out from what was a very powerful gathering.